Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants was created with the inspiration of bringing the Napa Valley experience to all of America, by combining an elegant tasting room with a polished casual restaurant and scratch kitchen. Cooper's Hawk wines have won hundreds of awards and are the Official Wines of the Screen Actors Guild® Awards. We are built upon the belief that food and wine hold the power to forge a COMMUNITY, and with the world's largest wine club membership, we are paving the way to democratizing the good life!
The Cooper’s Hawk Prep Cook plays an integral role in the creation and execution of our menu items, by preparing a variety of cold and hot food items and ensuring consistency in each of our dishes.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain Cooper’s Hawk quality standards by preparing assigned recipes to specification
- May perform the following kitchen functions:
- Wash, peel, slice, and mix vegetables, fruits or other ingredients for salads, cold plates, and garnishes
- Prepare hot and cold sauces
- Carve and slice meats and cheese
- Portion food for service
- Measure and mixes ingredients to make salad dressings, and cold desserts
- Set up station according to established specifications
- Maintain kitchen equipment in “like new” condition
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized and stocked work area
- Adhere to all kitchen systems and standards; including completion of 10-minute cleaning procedures
- Maintain professional relationships and clear communications with all Managers and Team Members
- Follow departmental checklists and standard operating procedures to ensure work areas are prepared for opening, mid-shift or closing in accordance with company guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Must represent Cooper’s Hawk Values
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous prep or line cook experience preferred
- An individual who thrives in a team-based environment
- Basic knowledge of professional cooking and experience with basic knife skills with use of cut glove
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures
- Ability to follow recipes and instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly with Guests, Managers and Team Members
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and some holidays
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 10 hours per shift
- Ability to exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 6 hours in length
- Ability to work within the following conditions: wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise
- Ability to perform essential functions to Cooper’s Hawk standards with reasonable accommodation
Cooper’s Hawk reviews several factors when establishing compensation. Salaries and hourly wages appearing in a job posting may be published by third parties and may not reflect the salaries or hourly wages offered by Cooper’s Hawk.
Cooper’s Hawk is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to the person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Cooper’s Hawk makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. The Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.