Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants was created with the inspiration of bringing the Napa Valley experience to all of America, by combining an elegant tasting room with a polished casual restaurant and scratch kitchen. Cooper's Hawk wines have won hundreds of awards and are the Official Wines of the Screen Actors Guild® Awards. We are built upon the belief that food and wine hold the power to forge a COMMUNITY, and with the world's largest wine club membership, we are paving the way to democratizing the good life!
The Cooper’s Hawk Server ensures a positive and memorable Guest experience through efficient and friendly team-based service, while educating our guests on Cooper’s Hawk menu items, wines and our Wine Club.
What You’ll Do
- Greet all guests with hospitality; engage and answer questions about food, wine, and facilities in a friendly, helpful manner
- Maintain full knowledge of Cooper’s Hawk food, drink, wine menus and steps of service
- Actively educate Guests on the Cooper’s Hawk Wine Club and its offerings and rewards; invite them to participate in the Club with the goal of expanding our membership base
- Actively communicate with Bartenders, Hosts and Food Runners to ensure we are delivering a memorable Guest experience
- Maintain an awareness of, and have a basic understanding of, the Host and Service Assistant positions and support when needed
- Pick up and deliver food orders to the table in a timely manner
- Serve alcoholic beverages in an appropriate manner consistent with company standards and legal guidelines
- Maintain awareness and basic knowledge of Tasting Room functions and retail products as well as how tastings are conducted, their cost, and the wines featured on the current monthly tasting
- Maintain a safe, sanitary, organized, and stocked work area
- Handle cash and utilize the MICROS system according to company standards
- Follow departmental checklists and standard operating procedures to ensure work areas are prepared for opening, mid-shift, or closing
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Must represent Cooper’s Hawk Values
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A minimum of 6 months of server experience required
- Experience in a full-service, upscale casual restaurant or an equivalent service environment preferred
- A hospitality-focused individual with a passion & knowledge for guest service, food and wine
- An individual who thrives in a team-based environment
- Experience using Micros or similar POS systems
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly and effectively under pressure, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and some holidays
- Ability to stand and walk up to 10 hours per shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to perform essential functions to Cooper’s Hawk standards and with reasonable accommodation
Cooper’s Hawk reviews several factors when establishing compensation. Salaries and hourly wages appearing in a job posting may be published by third parties and may not reflect the salaries or hourly wages offered by Cooper’s Hawk.
Cooper’s Hawk is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to the person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Cooper’s Hawk makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. The Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.