The Cooper’s Hawk Tasting Room Attendant has passion for guest service, food, wine and hospitality. They ensure an exceptional Guest experience through efficient and friendly team-based service, while educating our Guests on Cooper’s Hawk products, wines and our Wine Club.
What You’ll Get
- Incredible Discounts:
- 50% Dining and Carryout
- 40% Retail Wine
- 20% Retail and Private Events
- Monthly Complimentary Wine Tasting for Two
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Insurance plus Telemedicine and Wellness Program
- Company Matching 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Savings Accounts- Health and Dependent Care
- Highly Competitive Pay plus Team Member Incentives & Rewards
- Pay Access before Pay Day
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Complimentary Team Member Shift Meals and Uniform
- Wine and Culinary Education
- Career Growth Flight Plan
- Milestones Recognition Program
What You’ll Do
- Greet all guests with hospitality; engage and answer questions about food, wine, Wine Club and facilities in a friendly, helpful manner
- Maintain full knowledge of Cooper’s Hawk food, retail items, wines and Wines of the Month and Wine Club events
- Proactively build relationships with Guests and create a memorable experience
- Actively educate Guests on the Cooper’s Hawk Wine Club and its offerings and rewards; invite them to participate in the Club with the goal of expanding our membership base
- Maintain full knowledge of Tasting Room functions and retail products, including how tastings are conducted, their cost, and wines featured on the monthly tasting.
- Maintain an awareness of the Host and Service Assistant positions and support when needed
- Serve alcoholic beverages in an appropriate manner consistent with company standards and legal guidelines
- Assist with the transport of Carryout and Curbside Delivery orders to our Guests
- Actively seek out and recognize opportunities to sell products sold in the Tasting Room.
- Stock wine and retail merchandise in the Tasting Room; ensure all food and retail merchandise is attractively displayed per set standards.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary, organized, and stocked work area
- Complete necessary side work during non-busy hours
- Handle cash and utilize the MICROS system according to company standards
- Follow departmental checklists and standard operating procedures to ensure work areas are prepared for opening, mid-shift, or closing
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Must represent Cooper’s Hawk Values
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in a casual dining or upscale dining environment or retail sales preferred
- Experience in a wine environment or equivalent preferred
- A hospitality-focused individual with a passion for guest service, food and wine
- An individual who thrives in a team-based environment
- Experience using Micros or similar POS systems
- Ability to communicate clearly with Guests, Managers and Team Members
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly and effectively under pressure, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and walk up to 10 hours per shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to exert fast-paced mobility up to 6 hours in length
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Ability to perform essential functions to Cooper’s Hawk standards and with reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and some holidays
Cooper’s Hawk reviews several factors when establishing compensation. Salaries and hourly wages appearing in a job posting may be published by third parties and may not reflect the salaries or hourly wages offered by Cooper’s Hawk.
Cooper’s Hawk is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to the person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Cooper’s Hawk makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. The Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants was created with the inspiration of bringing the Napa Valley experience to all of America, by combining an elegant tasting room with a polished casual restaurant and scratch kitchen. Cooper's Hawk wines have won hundreds of awards and are the Official Wines of the Screen Actors Guild® Awards. We are built upon the belief that food and wine hold the power to forge a COMMUNITY, and with the world's largest wine club membership, we are paving the way to democratizing the good life!